Rather than incinerating leftovers from the timber processing industry, transforming them into thermal energy, biobrush turns them into toothbrush, with negligible carbon footprint. Our eco toothbrushes and their packaging contain only very low percentage of fossil material. Our bioplastic and packaging film base on left over wood chips from the timber processing industry. It is used for the handle and the packaging. As a basis for the nylon bristles we use natural castor oil.
DOES IT CLEAN PROPERLY?
We have taken into account recommendations from independent dentists, research institutions and manufacturers.
- Evenly cut bristles. Rounded bristles allowing them to reach interdental spaces. Very important: Do not forget dental floss!
- Bristles medium to soft. A good cleaning result by using hard bristles does not justify injuries to your gum, according to the experts. Therefore, they recommend softer bristles.
- Head medium to small. Thus facilitating the biggest possible cleaning surface reaching all teeth.
- Multi-tufted bristles. High density tufting allowing good cleaning results. The space between the bristles, however, is important so that bristles can dry quickly, preventing bacteria to settle.
- Angled head. Making it easier to reach molar teeth.
The roots of our assortment of colourful toothbrushes lie in a holistic, sustainable concept for resource saving dental care products.
We have scrutinised every single details that accounts for a good toothbrushes: the printing ink and the amount of it used on the compostable packaging fil, the selection of the pigments for the colouring of our toothbrushes and features related to the brush’s shape.
The start-up company biobrush has been working tirelessly on implementing this concept ever since 2015. As a result we have come up with a toothbrush that meets al requirements of dental care and hygiene. The puristic shape of the biobrush and the colouring is what makes it distinguishable in every bathroom.
In 2016 biobrush won the German Packaging Award for Sustainability for our compostable packaging film. After that the little start-up company started piling up prices. A year on, in 2017, toothbrushes were honoured Best of the Best in Product Design at the Red Dot Award ceremony. In 2018 biobrush was laureate at the German Design Award for „Excellent Communications Design/Packaging“ and won a „Green Good Design Award“ in the category „Green Product“. The latter is awarded by the European Centre for Architecture, Art Design and Urban Studies and the Chicago Atheneaeum Museum of Architecture an Design.